Fees: Your first two permits each calendar year are free.
(Any permit thereafter within a calendar year will have a fee of $10.00.)
All permits are good for thirty (30) days.
Golden Valley Fire District conducts inspections of all burn permits.
The following requirements must be met and completed before the inspection, or the permit will be denied.
- The material to be burned shall be no less than fifty (50) feet from any structure.
- There will be a clearing (no weeds) of no less than twenty (20) feet all around the material to be burned. Feeder piles will also be kept outside of this area.
- The burn pile shall be no larger than three (3) feet high and four (4) feet across.
- The area will be prepared and ready to light.
- Call the fire station, at (928) 565-3479 to make arrangements for your inspection.
- Fire personnel will then come out to the location where the burn will take place to inspect the area out to the location where the burn will take place to inspect the area. The person (or other responsible adult) applying for the permit must be present for the inspection.
Inspections are performed if time and personnel are available. This is not a guarantee, as emergencies may come up that will take priority.
If the area is properly prepared, the fire district representative will issue a permit and burning may commence.
Burning can only be done during daylight hours, and only if weather permits.
If you are not the property owner, you must obtain a written letter from the property owner giving permission to obtain Burn Permit.
Note: EPA regulations prohibit burning of any household trash or waste.